Our Business Law services draw on EY’s vast global legal network to support our Canadian clients in navigating the complexities of today's business environment.
EY’s corporate team is part of a multinational network that provides legal advice in all major business areas. This helps us cover the range of issues that may arise in a single corporate transaction, so you can operate with confidence across jurisdictions and make the most of today’s business opportunities.
EY represents companies in many aspects of their corporate life — from establishment through to various aspects of evolution. This encompasses:
- Day-to-day advice on all legal forms
- Effective planning and implementation support for corporate reorganizations
- Domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Corporate reorganizations
- Purchase and sale of businesses
- Equity investments and change of control transactions
- Support and advice on corporate compliance programs
- Corporate legal secretarial services
EY counsels businesses in connection with their ongoing contractual relationships with domestic and international customers, suppliers and distributors. Our lawyers provide advice on all forms of commercial contracts to support day-to-day and strategic business activities. Our experience extends across sectors and regulatory regimes, including:
- Contracts covering outsourcing conducted through detailed procurement processes
- Services distribution
- Software licensing
- Transfer pricing
- Online terms and conditions
EY Legal Managed Services is an umbrella offering that provides technology-enabled support, including automation for high-volume, repetitive or event-driven legal work. Our offerings are delivered in close collaboration with professionals from across the various service lines and practices. Core services include:
- Entity compliance and governance
- Contract lifecycle management
- Research and regulatory mapping
- Document review and functional analysis
By providing legal domain knowledge, legal function consulting and technology-enabled legal managed services, we help clients:
- Increase efficiency: EY teams help design solutions to deliver accuracy, quality work product and measurable impact.
- Mitigate risk: EY teams provide continuity of resources, shared knowledge and refined processes to help mitigate legal and business risk.
- Reduce legal department costs and drive predictability: You’ll have access to experienced professionals using the right technology for the right task at a competitive price point.