Maintaining a globally mobile workforce is important — but it can be complex and time consuming amid shifting regulations and policies that differ from one country to the next. More than ever, efficiency and agility in moving top talent can be the difference between organizations that thrive in today’s global economy and those that are left behind.
Our award-winning Business Immigration team consists of lawyers and professionals who are focused on US and Canadian immigration law along with global mobility for organizations around the world.
We bring together cross-country resources to demystify immigration requirements and help you navigate the policies and processes that shape your global workforce success.
Integration across EY’s global network of human resources, immigration and tax professionals means that we are well positioned to provide insight into the tax and immigration risks stemming from short-term business travel to longer-term relocation and hiring foreign talent.
Our Canadian immigration lawyers and professionals can assist you with the full range of Canadian business immigration matters, including business travel assessments, temporary resident visas, work permits and permanent residence applications. We regularly make submissions to Canadian visa offices around the world, as well as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), provincial nominee programs, Service Canada/Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and others.
Learn more about our Canadian Immigration practice.
Our licensed US immigration lawyers can support with your US business immigration needs, including business visitor assessments, non immigrant petitions, employment-based and family-based permanent residence applications (green cards) and consular processing. We can also help structure your mobility/immigration and related policies to comply with such matters as I-9 employment eligibility and E-Verify regulations.
Our teams make submissions and represent clients before the Department of State, including US consulates around the world, the Department of Homeland Security (including United States Citizenship & Immigration Services and Customs and Border Protection), the Department of Labor and others.
Learn more about our US Immigration practice.
- Coordinating work permits/visas and permanent residence applications for transferring or newly recruited personnel
- Making submissions to Canadian visa offices, IRCC, provincial nominee programs and Service Canada/ESDC
- Making submissions to US visa posts, US Citizenship & Immigration Services, Customs and Border Protection, the Department of Labor and others
- Managing business traveler programs, business visitor visas and the Visa Waiver Program
- Global immigration program audit and compliance reviews, including risk mitigation, strategic and project advisory, government liaising, scenario planning and policy support
- Working with your company during a divestiture, reorganization, merger or acquisition to address immigration-related issues
- Helping you track your employees’ immigration status through EY’s proprietary secure tool
- Integration with EY’s People Advisory Services, including Mobility Tax practices, to provide holistic compliance solutions for you and your employees
Connected across Canada and around the world
When your business needs go beyond borders, we can help you get there. We connect you with our global network of more than 2,000 immigration professionals worldwide in 160+ countries — ready to assist with coordinating work permits/visas and permanent residence applications for employees.
Learn more about our Global Immigration Services.