EY Law LLP
US Immigration Services
Our national team of US immigration attorneys and dedicated legal professionals can help you with a variety of US business immigration matters, including a full range of non-immigrant petitions and applications, permanent residence (green card) processing and business visitor entries.
As a national practice with locations in five of Canada’s major centers, we connect to EY resources across North America to help provide high-quality, client-focused service regardless of geography. We deliver our services using consistent processes to provide you with predictability in our approach to US immigration matters, from eligibility assessment through to process overview, the collection of documents, the preparation of applications and submission of applications to government authorities.
Because we focus exclusively on business immigration, we take the needed actions to stay current with the latest US immigration trends, policies and leading practices through regular submissions to US immigration authorities, active involvement with professional associations such as the American Immigration Lawyers Association — including having had our attorneys serve on the Executive Committee for the Canada Chapter — as well as ongoing government liaison activity.
We make submissions at US consular missions around the world, and represent clients before the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the U.S. Department of Labor. We have also developed strong relationships with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection personnel at the ports-of-entry along the Canada/U.S. border, allowing our team to assist our clients in taking better advantage of the NAFTA-based non-immigrant visa categories.
Understanding the nature of our clients’ businesses and industry practices is important to us. Whether you operate in the area of natural resource extraction, aerospace, financial services, communications, transportation, information technology, manufacturing or any other sector, we can assist in clarifying US immigration requirements. We work with a large cross-section of industries and can offer advisory services that are specific to your business needs, from talent acquisition and retention to compliance audits to a comprehensive review of your organization’s US immigration program. We can also help structure your human resource programs to be in compliance on such matters as I-9 employment eligibility and E-Verify regulations.
Our services include:
- Teaming with your HR or mobility professionals to manage the hiring of individuals who require employment authorization in the United States and may not be employed by your organization abroad (visa categories include H-1B, H-1B1, H-2A/H-2B, H-3, E-1/E-2, E-3, H-3, O-1, P-1, J-1, TN)
- Working with your organization globally to manage the transfer of executives, managerial staff and key individuals employed by your company abroad to the United States (visa categories include: L-1A/L-1B, L-1 blanket, E-1/E-2, H-1B, TN and others)
- Managing business traveler programs, including individuals requiring business visitor visas (such as B-1, B-1 in lieu of H-1B) and the use of the Visa Waiver Program and ESTA
- Preparing all categories of permanent residency applications (green cards), including PERM Labor Certification applications, advanced degree professionals, skilled workers, multinational managers/executives, outstanding researchers, investors and extraordinary ability petitions (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and EB-5)
- Working with your company during a divestiture, reorganization or merger or acquisition to efficiently address immigration-related issues
- Immigration advisory services including PERM, I-9, H-1B and LCA audit assistance as well as program reviews and other matters