EY Law LLP
Business Immigration Services
Today's global business environment demands world-class immigration law capabilities
Amid shifting regulations and policies that differ from one country to the next, having in place a globally mobile workforce is important — but it can be complex and time consuming. More than ever, efficiency and agility in moving top talent can be the difference that separates organizations that thrive in today’s global economy from those who languish.
Our award-winning Business Immigration team consists of lawyers and professionals who focus on US and Canadian immigration law.
We leverage cross-country resources to demystify immigration requirements and help you navigate the policies and processes that shape your global workforce success.
Integration across EY’s global network of human resources, immigration and tax professionals means we are uniquely positioned to provide insight into the tax and immigration risks for everything from short-term business travel to longer-term relocation.
Canadian immigration law
Our Canadian immigration lawyers and professionals can assist you with the full range of Canadian business immigration matters, including business travel assessments, temporary resident visas, work permits and permanent residence applications. We regularly make submissions to Canadian visa posts around the world, as well as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), provincial nominee programs, Service Canada and others.
Learn more about our Canadian immigration practice.
US immigration law
Our licensed US immigration attorneys can help with all of your US business immigration matters, including non-immigrant petitions and applications, green card processing including labor certification and immigrant petitions, as well as business visitor entries. We can also help structure your mobility/immigration and related programs to comply with such matters as I-9 employment eligibility and E-Verify regulations.
Our teams make submissions and represent clients before the Department of State, including US consulates around the world, the Department of Homeland Security (including the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services and Customs and Border Protection), the Department of Labor and others.
Learn more about our US immigration practice.
Connected across Canada and around the world
And when your business needs go beyond borders, we can help you get there. We connect you with our global network of more than 1,100 immigration professionals in 179 countries — ready to assist you with coordinating work permit and permanent residence applications for incoming or transferring personnel.
Learn more about our Global Immigration Services.
Our suite of business immigration services include:
- Coordinating work permit and permanent residence applications for incoming or transferring personnel
- Making submissions to Canadian visa posts, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), provincial nominee programs and Service Canada
- Making submissions to US visa posts, US Citizenship & Immigration Services, Customs and Border Protection, the Department of Labor and others.
- Managing business traveler programs, business visitor visas and the Visa Waiver Program
- Working with your company during a divestiture, reorganization, merger or acquisition to address immigration-related issues
- Helping you track your employees’ immigration status through GlobalOne, our proprietary secure tool
- Integration with EY’s Mobility Tax practice to provide holistic compliance solutions for our clients and their employees