Samantha is a senior associate at EY Law LLP and is a member of the Tax Law Service group, focusing on transaction tax services. Samantha advises clients with respect to the Canadian tax implications of acquisitions, divestitures and restructuring transactions on both the buy and sell side.
Prior to joining EY Law LLP, Samantha practiced tax law at a larger international law firm. She has over ten years of experience in tax and transaction tax servicing clients in many sectors including the energy sector.
- Member, Law Society Alberta, 2009
- LL.B., University of Calgary, 2008
- M.A., Economic, University of Western Ontario, 2004
- B.A. (Honours), Economics, Dean’s List – First Class, University of British Columbia, 2003
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course, Parts I, II and III.
- Presenter on tax matters for various seminars, including the Canadian Tax Foundation Annual Conference.
- Contributor to “Dealing with New Subsection 55(2) in Practice” article published by the Canadian Tax Foundation along with numerous other publications on various tax matters.
- Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation