Maude is an associate lawyer of EY Law LLP in Montreal and a member of the Tax Law Services group. Maude’s practice focuses primarily on tax litigation and resolving disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency and the Quebec Revenue Agency.
Prior to joining EY Law LLP as an associate lawyer, Maude worked as a judicial law clerk at the Tax Court of Canada in Ottawa where she worked for the different Justices of the Court. She also completed three internships with EY in the International Tax Services Department. Maude is currently completing an LL.M. in taxation law as part of the joint program offered by the University of Montreal and HEC Montreal. Maude is a member of the Quebec Bar, the Canadian Tax Foundation and the Association de planification fiscale et financière.
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 2016
- Post-graduate diploma in Tax, HEC Montréal, 2015 (D.E.S.S. Tax)
- LL.B., University of Sherbrooke, 2013
- « L’affaire Iggillis Holdings : la Cour d’appel fédérale confirme le privilège d’intérêt commun dans un contexte transactionnel » (2018) Revue Stratège, vol. 23, No. 2 (co-authored with Mtre Stéphanie Jean)
- « GST/HST liability : The importance of terms used in contracts » Commodity Tax News, vol. 25, issue 4, May 2018 (co-authored with Mtre Rachel Robert)
- « Credit notes within the meaning of the ETA: Part II » Commodity Tax News, vol. 25, issue 3, March 2018 (co-authored with Francine Prévost)
- « L’affaire Univar : la Cour d’appel fédérale infirme la décision de la Cour canadienne de l’impôt en matière d’application de la règle générale anti-évitement à un dépouillement de surplus transfrontalier » (2017) Revue Stratège, vol. 22, No. 4.
- « Credit notes within the meaning of the ETA » Commodity Tax News, vol. 24, issues 5-6, September 2017 (co-authored with Francine Prévost)
- « Le recours en rectification dans un contexte fiscal grandement restreint par la Cour suprême du Canada » (2017) Revue Stratège, vol. 22, No. 1.
- Member of the Committee of the Flash Fiscal publication
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Association de planification fiscale et financière
- Member, Young Bar of Montréal