Mark is a partner of EY Law LLP, where his practice focuses primarily on the Canadian taxation of cross-border transactions and issues, particularly in the oil and gas industry, including acquisitions/divestures, financing, structuring and reorganizations of investments and business operations inbound into Canada and outbound from Canada.
Mark spent over two years in EY’s New York office in the International Tax Services group working on the Canadian Tax Desk.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2001
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 2000, with Distinction
- M.B.A., University of Alberta, 1999
- B. Comm., McGill University, 1994, with Distinction
Mark is a frequent speaker on has corporate and international tax matters. Mark has been a sessional lecturer for the Taxation Law and Policy course at the Faculty of Law, University of Calgary and a tutor for the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants Part III In-depth Tax Course.
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Canadian Petroleum Tax Society