Liza is an associate with EY Law LLP and a senior manager in our Tax Law Services group, focusing on transaction tax.
Liza obtained her Master of Taxation from the University of Waterloo, while she also worked at a major Canadian firm advising multinational clients on both inbound and outbound tax matters. Prior to joining EY Law LLP, Liza practiced corporate tax law at a major law firm in Toronto.
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2010
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2002
- M.Taxation, University of Waterloo, 2006
- LL.B., University of Ottawa
- B.Comm., University of Calgary
Her practice focuses on advising Canadian and international clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, financing arrangements and resource taxation.
- “The OECD Report on the Taxation of Collective Investment Vehicles and Procedures for Tax Relief for Cross-Border Investors” (CCH International Tax Newsletter – February 2009) [with Ken Snider]
- Canadian Corporate Tax (The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Tax) (2009) (5th edition) [with Ken Snider]
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society