Joannie is an associate lawyer with EY Law LLP. She is also a member of the International Tax practice and provides tax consulting services on international transactions, including investments inbound into Canada and outbound from Canada, as well as restructuring of foreign affiliates’ operations.
Prior to joining EY Law LLP, Joannie practiced Canadian and international tax at a Canadian multinational and a well-known accounting firm in Montreal and Calgary.
- Master of Law, Taxation Option, HEC Montreal, 2011
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 2010
- Bachelor of Laws , University of Montreal, 2007
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance Option, HEC Montreal, 2004
- CICA Foundations in International Tax Course, 2013
- CICA Advanced International Tax Course, 2015
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Association de planification fiscale et financière
- Member, International Fiscal Association
Cases & Publications
- “Décision Green – L’attribution d’une perte de commanditaire à une société de personnes“, Revue Stratège, vol. 21, No. 1.