Ernest Ng is a limited partner of Ernst & Young L.P., which provides services to Ernst & Young LLP. Ernest has over 20 years of experience in US and Canadian taxation, with a focus on US transactional tax matters.
He has worked on US investments, acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, financings and repatriations, advising private equity clients, pension funds, and other institutional investors.
He has a broad range of other tax experience, most notably with respect to financial institutions and capital markets.
- Prior to joining the EY Transaction Tax practice, Ernest was the Tax Director (Americas) at a large Canadian pension plan covering inbound investments into the United States, as well as investments into Latin America and in Canada. In this role, Ernest advised on transactions in private equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure, resources and renewables.
- Ernest also spent a significant part of his career at a Schedule I Canadian bank covering US and Canadian tax matters including acquisitions and divestitures (both strategic and portfolio investments), internal reorganizations and capital management, structured products, wealth management and capital markets transactions.
- Ernest has managed and settled tax audits by the IRS and the CRA, as well as a number of state/provincial/local tax authorities.
- Ernest worked at large law firms in Boston (practising US tax) and Toronto (practising Canadian tax) prior to his time in industry.
- Ernest is called to the bar in Massachusetts, USA, and in Ontario, Canada.
- He has a joint Bachelor of Laws / Masters of Business Administration degree from the University of Toronto.