Derek G Alty
Derek Alty is a partner of EY Law LLP, a limited partner of EY and a member of the Tax Law Services group, focusing on international tax services for both firms. Derek advises multinational clients about how to structure cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, corporate reorganizations and financing transactions in a tax-effective manner.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Called to the British Columbia Bar and Alberta Bar
- LL.B., University of Alberta
- B.Comm., University of Alberta, with Distinction
Derek is a frequent speaker and writer on international tax topics. He is the co- editor of the “Corporate Tax Planning” feature to the Canadian Tax Journal (Canadian Tax Foundation). Derek was for many years the tax course coordinator for the CICA Advanced International Tax Course.
- Member, International Fiscal Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation