David is an employment/corporate lawyer in EY Law’s Business Law Services in Toronto. He specializes in providing Canadian employment law to employers of all sizes and in all sectors. He possesses professional experience in a broad range of industries, including, but not limited to: manufacturing, mining, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, real estate, temporary placement agencies, technology, telecoms, retail and not-for-profit organizations.
David commonly assists employers with:
- day-to-day Canadian employment, health and safety and human rights law;
- Canadian employment litigation matters (e.g. wrongful dismissal claims, human rights claims, Ministry of Labour complaints);
- workplace investigations;
- training of staff on various Canadian employment law matters (e.g. best practices for conducting terminations, compliance with employment standards, best practices for accommodating employees, etc.);
- commencing operations in Canada;
- global employment law projects by coordinating advice from EY’s global network and from different EY specialties (e.g. tax, immigration, operations consulting, etc.); and
- combining or unifying separate workforces resulting from restructures, mergers or acquisitions.
Prior to joining EY Law, David worked in a boutique employment law and workplace investigation firm commonly touted to be one of the top 10 employment law firms across Canada. Prior to that, David worked at a large Toronto full service corporate law firm.
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada, 2015
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Juris Doctor, 2014
- Schulich School of Business, Bachelor of Business Administration, 2011
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association