Allison is an associate lawyer with EY Law LLP and a member of the Tax Law Services group. She is a manager with the International Tax Services practice at EY. Allison provides a wide range of dispute resolution services at the audit, appeals and litigation stages in disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency, the British Columbia Ministry of Finance, and before the courts. She also provides corporate and international tax planning, including advising Canadian and international clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, and resource taxation.
Allison began her career with the British Columbia Ministry of Finance where she worked for more than a decade in various audit and policy roles in the Income Taxation and Consumer Taxation Branches. After completing law school, she clerked with the Tax Court of Canada in Ottawa. Prior to joining EY Law LLP, Allison practiced corporate tax law at a national law firm in Vancouver.
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia, 2008
- LL.B, University of British Columbia, 2006
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course, Parts I and 2 (2008-2010)
- CICA Foundations in International Tax Course (November 2011)
- Recipient of the Thorsteinssons Prize in Taxation 1, UBC Faculty of Law, 2005
- Recipient of the Richard R. Sugden, Q.C. Prize in Trial Advocacy, UBC Faculty of Law, 2006
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, British Columbia Bar Association